Sunday, January 29, 2012

My Little Taro Beans


He looks kind of disapproving, doesn't he? But really, he's just as fuzzy on the inside as he is on the outside. Ummm... sort of.

Except when he's mad at me. He lets me know with a swift thump to the floor with his back foot. Any number of things could cause him to do this. If he gets under my bed, for instance. He's not allowed in that room, and he knows it, so if opportunity knocks and he does make a run for it, he will hide under the bed and thump and thump as though he is telling me haha, you were too slow to catch me...now back off, lady!

He will also thump at me if I pick him up to give him a kiss on the cheek. I do this a lot... I can't resist. He hates being picked up, which is only natural...in the wild he would be a prey animal, so confinement of any kind is not comfy for him. So he tolerates me, but soon after I put him down, I get thumped.

But, if all four feet are on the floor he's a cuddly as can be. He loves to be rubbed under the chin and around the ears and will push his nose into my hand in demand ... but he rewards me by licking my hands or my forehead if I snuggle up to him on the floor.

Despite his little grudges, I love him. I adore him. I could gobble him right up I love him so much.

12 comments:

  1. Omg...omg... I want a bunny now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet little Taro! Oh he is so adorable. Sigh.... animals are so wonderful aren't they? So now the question; did Taro jump onto the couch himself or did mamma help him? ;)

    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. He, he, he, I'm the same way with my cats. I smooch them to death and for the most part they tolerate it. Got to love our animals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the kids had a bunny for a few years, and it truly was loved by all of us....including our dog. they were great friends !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww... what a cutie. I'd want to cuddle him too.. and I'd be getting the thump...'cuz I would definitely want to pick him up.... hahahha.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. He is A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E!
    I used to have a bunny just like him...acutally my mother raised them...it was crazy around out house...but I always love the bunnies...much better than the goats...or sheep...reading your post brought back so many memories...I had to laugh at the thumping...it is so true!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my goodness how cute. i wouldn't be able to resist picking him up and cuddling him all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how you describe him 'thumping' at you. Too sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh seriously - how adorable is he? i just want to squooshle & ooshle him!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhhhhhhhhhhh. I just want to cuddle him and kiss him on his cute soft little head! He is just about the most adorable bunny ever. I can just picture him thumping! I love that he does it only after you put him down but tolerates the picking up and kissing first. Such love. This image is going to be in my head all day now. *happy sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  11. bunnies are the best. i totally understand that you would gobble him up. we've now got five. bunnies rock.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think he may be the cutest thing on four legs. Just don't tell my dogs.

    ReplyDelete